Home gardeners can learn directly from Master Gardeners through the El Paso Community College (EPCC) Continuing Education Program. Master Gardeners share their expertise in topics such as soil improvement, turf grass, vegetable gardening, native and adapted plants, xeriscaping, herb and container gardening, and fertilizers and pesticides in this non-credit course offered on Saturday mornings.
Class information will be posted on this page or you can check the Workforce Development and Continuing Education Class Schedule a few weeks before the start of each semester for details. For online access, you may go to www.epcc.edu and follow links from Catalog/Schedules to the current semester’s Schedules – Continuing Education link.
Below is the class schedule for our most recent Home Gardening in El Paso class. Check back in late May or early June to learn about our Summer 2019 EPCC class.
- Jan. 19 Earth-Kind Landscaping: Environmental Stewardship – Sarah Wood
- Jan. 26 Soils and Fertilizers – Rex Morris
- Feb. 2 Irrigation and Composting – Bill Hodge
- Feb. 9 Integrated Pest Management/Weed Management – Mary Ann McCravey
- Feb. 16 Lawn is NOT a Four-Letter Word/Rose Care in El Paso – Doc Stalker
- Feb. 23 Vegetable Gardening – Dave Turner
- Mar. 2 Native and Adapted Plants and Trees – Jim Hastings
- Mar. 9 Down to Earth with Container Gardening – Jan Petrzelka
Class Day of Week: Saturday Class Dates: Jan. 19 – Mar. 9
Class Hours: 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Course Tuition: $71.00
CRN Number: 24028 Course Number: PIA 477
Credit: Non-credit Course Registration underway and ends January 18
Campus: Valle Verde (VV) – Bldg. B, Rm. 107
Continuing Education students are encouraged to register in person at the Administrative Services Center, 9050 Viscount, Building B – Room 220; Hours: Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Closed 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.) or at other EPCC campus locations (call 831-7737 for info).
Registration forms can be found in the EPCC Spring 2019 Continuing Education Schedule here.