Home gardeners can learn directly from Master Gardeners through the El Paso Community College (EPCC) Continuing Education Program. Master Gardeners share their expertise in topics such as soil improvement, turf grass, vegetable gardening, native and adapted plants, xeriscaping, herb and container gardening and fertilizers and pesticides in this non-credit course offered on Saturdays. Class information will be posted on this page or you can check the Continuing Education and Workforce Development Class Schedule a few weeks before the start of each semester for details.
Here’s an example of the class titles and speakers for the summer 2017 semester now in progress:
Home Gardening in El Paso – Summer 2017
The class topics and instructors scheduled are as follows:
- June 10 Soils and Fertilizers — Rex Morris
- June 17 Earth-Kind Landscaping: Environmental Stewardship — Sarah Wood
- June 24 Irrigation and Composting — Bill Hodge
- July 1 Vegetable Gardening — Dave Turner
- July 8 Lawn is Not a Four-Letter Word — Doc Stalker
- July 15 Integrated Pest Management & Weed Management — Mary Ann McCravey
- July 22 Native and Adapted Plants and Trees — Jim Hastings
- July 29 Down to Earth with Container Gardening — Jan Petrzelka
Check back to see our fall lineup of classes at EPCC, when they will start, and get helpful registration information. For online information, you may go to http://www.epcc.edu/ and follow links to the current semester’s Class Schedules: Continuing Education under the Catalog/Schedules link.