Home gardeners can learn directly from Master Gardeners through the El Paso Community College (EPCC) Continuing Education Program. Master Gardeners share their expertise in topics such as soil improvement, turf grass, vegetable gardening, native and adapted plants, xeriscaping, herb and container gardening, and fertilizers and pesticides in this non-credit course offered on Saturday mornings.
Class information will be posted on this page or you can check the Workforce Development and Continuing Education Class Schedule a few weeks before the start of each semester for details. For online access, you may go to www.epcc.edu and follow links from Catalog/Schedules to the current semester’s Schedules – Continuing Education link.
* Last Day to Register is Wednesday, June 6th *
Home Gardening in El Paso – Summer 2018
The class topics and instructors scheduled are as follows:
- June 9 Earth-Kind Landscaping: Environmental Stewardship – Sarah Wood
- June 16 Soils and Fertilizers – Rex Morris
- June 23 Irrigation and Composting – Bill Hodge
- June 30 Vegetable Gardening – Lucille Teran
- July 7 Integrated Pest Management/Weed Management – Mary Ann McCravey
- July 14 Lawn is not a Four-Letter Word – Doc Stalker
- July 21 Native and Adapted Plants and Trees – Jim Hastings
- July 28 Down to Earth with Container Gardening – Jan Petrzelka
Class Day of Week: Saturday Class Dates: June 9 – July 28
Class Hours: 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Course Tuition: $71.00
CRN Number: 31742 Course Number: PIA 477
Credit: Non-credit Course
Campus: Valle Verde (VV) Campus – Bldg. B, Rm. 102
Continuing Education students can register at any campus Registrar’s/Student Services Manager’s Office. See EPCC’s Registration page for locations and times as well as instructions on how to register online or mail in your registration. Call 831-7737 for more information.