Home gardeners can learn directly from Master Gardeners through the El Paso Community College (EPCC) Continuing Education Program. Master Gardeners share their expertise in topics such as soil improvement, turf grass, vegetable gardening, native and adapted plants, xeriscaping, herb and container gardening, fertilizers, and pesticides in this sixteen-hour non-credit course offered on Saturday mornings.
While many courses have converted to online classes, we are pleased to offer this class in person with face-to-face instruction. Also, our class size has been expanded, so we’re looking forward to welcoming more students than we have in recent semesters. Tell your friends!
Course Title: Home Gardening in El Paso
Course Number and Section: PIA 477/CRN:14082
Location: Valle Verde Campus, Room B150
Dates: September 9 – October 28
Days and Time: Saturdays, 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Course Tuition: $100
Here’s the schedule and instructors for this fall’s Home Gardening in El Paso course:
- Sept. 9 Earth-Kind Landscaping: Environmental Stewardship – Enrique Pérez
- Sept. 16 Vegetable Gardening – Marianela Milner
- Sept. 23 Soils and Fertilizers – Enrique Pérez
- Sept. 30 Propagation – Art Corral
- Oct. 7 Native and Adapted Plants and Trees – Clarisa Gilliland
- Oct. 14 Down to Earth with Container Gardening – Jan Petrzelka
- Oct. 21 Integrated Pest Management/Weed Management – Mary Ann McCravey
- Oct. 28 Lawn is NOT a Four-Letter Word – Ignacio Muñoz
Registration instructions are found on page 58 in the EPCC Fall 2023 Workforce & Continuing Education Schedule. Students can email this registration form (save and attach online form, or see page 61) to firstname.lastname@example.org, print and fax it to (915) 831-2161, or they can register in person at any campus. Please remember to sign the form. You can also use the above online EPCC registration form that can be completed and printed for submitting to EPCC.
Call EPCC at 915-831-7721 for more registration information.
We hope to see you in class!