Home gardeners can learn directly from Master Gardeners through the El Paso Community College (EPCC) Continuing Education Program. Master Gardeners share their expertise in topics such as soil improvement, turf grass, vegetable gardening, native and adapted plants, xeriscaping, herb and container gardening, fertilizers, and pesticides in this sixteen-hour non-credit course offered on Saturday mornings.
While many courses have converted to online classes, we are pleased to offer this one in person with face-to-face instruction. Read more below about how we will comply with CDC and EPCC health guidelines.
Course Title: Home Gardening in El Paso
Course Number and Section: PIA 477/CRN: 18324
Location: Valle Verde Campus, Room B150
Dates: September 10 – October 29
Days and Time: Saturdays, 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Course Tuition: $100
Schedule of Classes
Date Class Title Instructor
Sept. 10 Earth-Kind® Landscaping: Environmental Stewardship Enrique Perez
Sept. 17 Soils and Fertilizer Rex Morris
Sept. 24 Vegetable Gardening Ignacio Muñoz
Oct. 1 Integrated Pest Management/Weed Management Mary Ann McCravey
Oct. 8 Lawn is NOT a Four-Letter Word Doc Stalker
Oct. 15 Propagation Art Corral
Oct. 22 Native and Adapted Plants and Trees Clarisa Gilliland
Oct. 29 Herbs and Container Gardening Linda A. Kaip
Registration forms can be found on pages 61-62 in the EPCC Fall 2022 Workforce & Continuing Education Schedule, or you can use this online EPCC registration form that can be completed and printed for submitting to EPCC.
Call EPCC at 915-831-7721 for more registration information.
New Procedures to Comply with CDC and EPCC Guidelines
- Teachers and students will be provided with a list of these required procedures to facilitate their enforcement.
- Students will be asked to not come to class if they do not feel well or are experiencing any symptoms.
- Teachers’ and students’ temperatures will be taken at the door each day of class by the instructor of record.
- Teachers and students will be required to wear masks.
- Students will be required to sit in such a way as to ensure the recommended social distancing.
- Sanitizers will be available for students to clean their hands when they arrive and before they leave.
- Sanitizers will be available for students to wipe down their desks before they leave.
- Subject-appropriate materials brought to class by the teachers will be sanitized before class and after any student handles them, so the next student to handle the materials can do so safely.
- At class end, the instructor of record will sanitize the computer and any tables used for class.