Home gardeners can learn directly from Master Gardeners through the El Paso Community College (EPCC) Continuing Education Program. Master Gardeners share their expertise in topics such as soil improvement, turf grass, vegetable gardening, native and adapted plants, xeriscaping, herb and container gardening, and fertilizers and pesticides in this non-credit course offered on Saturday mornings.
Class information will be posted on this page or you can check the Workforce and Continuing Education Class Schedule a few weeks before the start of each semester for details. For online access, you may go to www.epcc.edu and follow this path: Menu » Academics » Workforce/Continuing Education » Catalog to the current semester’s Continuing Education link.
As an example of what you may learn in the Home Gardening in El Paso class, below is the schedule for our most recent class:
- Jan. 25 Earth-Kind Landscaping: Environmental Stewardship – Jan Dreher
- Feb. 1 Soils and Fertilizers – Rex Morris
- Feb. 8 Vegetable Gardening – Beverly Clark
- Feb. 15 Lawn is NOT a Four-Letter Word/Roses – Doc Stalker
- Feb. 22 Down to Earth with Container Gardening – Jan Petrzelka
- Feb. 29 Native & Adapted Plants and Trees – Clarisa Gilliland
- Mar. 7 Landscape Design in El Paso – Chia-Ling Hsu
- Mar. 14 Integrated Pest Management/Weed Management – Mary Ann McCravey
Continuing Education students are encouraged to register in person at the Administrative Services Center, 9050 Viscount, Building B – Room 220; Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Closed 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.) or at other EPCC campus locations (call 831-7737 for info).
For additional online information, you may go to http://www.epcc.edu/ and follow the links, Menu » Academics » Workforce/Continuing Education » Catalog to the current semester’s Continuing Education link.