Home gardeners can learn directly from Master Gardeners through the El Paso Community College (EPCC) Continuing Education Program. Master Gardeners share their expertise in topics such as soil improvement, turf grass, vegetable gardening, native and adapted plants, xeriscaping, herb and container gardening, and fertilizers and pesticides in this non-credit course offered on Saturday mornings.
Class information will be posted on this page or you can check the Workforce Development and Continuing Education Class Schedule a few weeks before the start of each semester for details. For online access, you may go to www.epcc.edu and follow links from Catalog/Schedules to the current semester’s Schedules – Continuing Education link.
Below are the class topics of our most recent Home Gardening in El Paso class. Check back in early January 2019 to learn about our Spring 2019 EPCC class.
Home Gardening in El Paso – Fall 2018
The class topics and instructors scheduled are as follows:
- Sept. 8 Soils and Fertilizers – Rex Morris
- Sept. 15 Earth-Kind Landscaping: Environmental Stewardship – Sarah Wood
- Sept. 22 Lawn in NOT a Four-Letter Word – Doc Stalker
- Sept. 29 Native and Adapted Plants and Trees – Jim Hastings
- Oct. 6 Irrigation and Composting – Bill Hodge
- Oct. 13 Herbs and Container Gardening – Linda A. Kaip
- Oct. 20 Integrated Pest Management/Weed Management – Mary Ann McCravey
- Oct. 27 Vegetable Gardening – Marianela Milner
Class Day of Week: Saturday Class Dates: Sept. 8 – Oct. 27
Class Hours: 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Course Tuition: $71.00
CRN Number: 14156 Course Number: PIA 477
Credit: Non-credit Course Registration underway and ends September 6
Campus: Valle Verde (VV) Campus – Bldg. B, Rm. 150
Continuing Education students are encouraged to register in person at the Administrative Services Center, 9050 Viscount, Building B – Room 220; Hours: Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Closed 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.) or at other EPCC campus locations (call 831-7737 for info).
Registration forms can be found in the EPCC Fall 2018 Continuing Education Schedule here.