One starts the application process to become a Texas Master Gardener in El Paso County by completing an Application that’s part of a package with an informative letter telling about the El Paso County Master Gardener program.
This year’s fall class schedule is summarized below:
- Orientation Day: September 1, 2022
- Dates of classes: September 8 to November 17, 2022
- Class days: Thursdays (9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- Class location: In-person training at Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Office Ascarate Annex,
301 Manny Martinez Sr. Drive, 2nd Floor, El Paso, TX
- Fee to cover course materials, handbook, and background check: $225
- Complete and submit the Application letter by August 19, 2022
The El Paso County Master Gardener program is administered by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service to increase the availability of horticultural information for local residents through the participation of local volunteers. These volunteers complete 12 weeks of intensive horticulture training and then are required to volunteer time as they share with the community what they have learned through a number of gardening and educational projects.
You can learn more about the El Paso County Master Gardener program and our history by reading these pages:
How to Become an El Paso County Master Gardener – Brief description of the training program and questions for potential volunteers.
Volunteer Duties – Title and brief description of volunteer activities, requirements, and organization description
History – History of the Texas Master Gardener program
For more information, you may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Extension Office at (915) 771-2354.