Home gardeners can learn directly from Master Gardeners through the El Paso Community College (EPCC) Continuing Education Program. Master Gardeners share their expertise in topics such as soil improvement, turf grass, vegetable gardening, native and adapted plants, xeriscaping, herb and container gardening and fertilizers and pesticides in this non-credit course offered on Saturdays. Class information will be posted on this page or you can check the Continuing Education and Workforce Development Class Schedule a few weeks before the start of each semester for details.
For online access, you may go to www.epcc.edu and follow links to the current semester’s Class Schedules: Continuing Education under the Catalog/Schedules link.
Home Gardening in El Paso– Fall 2016
Class Day of Week: Saturday Class Dates: Sept. 10 – Oct. 29
Class Hours: 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Course Tuition: $61.00
CRN Number: 14084 Course Number: PIA 477
Credit: Non-credit Course Registration underway and ends September 9
Campus: Valle Verde (VV) Campus – Bldg. B, Rm. 185
The class topics and instructors scheduled are as follows:
· Sept. 10 Earth-Kind Landscaping: Environmental Stewardship – Sarah Wood
· Sept. 17 Soils and Fertilizers – Rex Morris
· Sept. 24 Native and Adapted Plants and Trees – Jim Hastings
· Oct. 1 Integrated Pest Management/Weed Management in Urban Landscapes – Mary Ann McCravey
· Oct. 8 Lawn is not a Four-Letter Word/Roses – Doc Stalker
· Oct. 15 Vegetable Gardening – Dave Turner
· Oct. 22 Irrigation and Composting – Bill Hodge
· Oct. 29 Herbs and Container Gardening – Linda Doughtie Kaip
Continuing Education students are encouraged to register in person at the Administrative Services Center, 9050 Viscount, Building B – Room 220; Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Closed 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.) or at other EPCC campus locations (call 831-7737 for info). Registration forms can be found in the EPCC Fall 2016 Continuing Education Schedule here, or on this printable PDF form.