Master Gardener Community College Class Outreach Program
Home gardeners can learn directly from Master Gardeners through the El Paso Community College (EPCC) Continuing Education Program. Master Gardeners share their expertise in soil improvement, turf grass, vegetable gardening, native and adapted plants, xeriscaping, herb and container gardening and fertilizers and pesticides in this non-credit course offered on Saturdays. Class information will be posted on this page or you can check the Continuing Education and Workforce Development Class Schedule a few weeks before the start of each semester for details.
For online access, you may go to www.epcc.edu and follow links to the current semester’s Class Schedules: Continuing Education under the Catalog/Schedules link.
Home Gardening in El Paso
Class Day of Week: Saturday Class Dates: September 12 to October 17
Class Hours: 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Course Tuition: $53.00
CRN Number: 17299 Course Number: PIA 811
Credit: Non-credit Course Registration underway and ends September 11
Campus: Valle Verde (VV) Campus – Room B106
- September 12 – Soils, Composting, and Fertilizers – Rex Morris
- September 19 – Lawn is Not a Four-Letter Word and Rainwater Harvesting – Doc Stalker
- September 26 – Vegetable Gardening – Dave Turner
- October 3 – Native and Adapted Plants and Trees – Jim Hastings
- October 10 – Earth-Kind Landscaping: Environmental Stewardship – Jan Dreher
- October 17 – Down to Earth with Container Gardening – Jan Petrzelka
Continuing Education students are encouraged to register in person at the Administrative Services Center, 9050 Viscount, Building B – Room 220; Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Closed 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.) or at other EPCC campus locations (call 831-7737 for info).
Registration forms can be found in the EPCC Fall 2015 Schedule booklet or at the website, below, where the form may be completed online before printing: