Home gardeners can learn directly from Master Gardeners through the El Paso Community College (EPCC) Continuing Education Program. Master Gardeners share their expertise in topics such as soil improvement, turf grass, vegetable gardening, native and adapted plants, xeriscaping, herb and container gardening and fertilizers and pesticides in this non-credit course offered on Saturdays. Class information will be posted on this page or you can check the Continuing Education and Workforce Development Class Schedule a few weeks before the start of each semester for details.
For online access, you may go to www.epcc.edu and follow links to the current semester’s Class Schedules: Continuing Education under the Catalog/Schedules link.
Home Gardening in El Paso” – Spring 2017
The class topics and instructors scheduled are as follows:
- January 21 Earth-Kind® Landscaping: Environmental Stewardship – Sarah Wood
- January 28 Soils and Fertilizers – Rex Morris
- February 4 Vegetable Gardening – Dave Turner
- February 11 Lawn is Not a Four-Letter Word – Doc Stalker
- February 18 Pest Management/Weed Management in Urban Landscapes – Mary Ann McCravey
- February 25 Irrigation and Composting – Bill Hodge
- March 4 Herbs and Container Gardening – Linda Doughtie Kaip
- March 11 Native and Adapted Plants and Trees – Jim Hastings
Class Day of Week: Saturday Class Dates: Jan. 21 – Mar. 11
Class Hours: 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Course Tuition: $61.00
CRN Number: 23848 Course Number: PIA 477
Credit: Non-credit Course Registration starts Dec. 5th and ends Jan. 20th
Campus: Valle Verde (VV) Campus – Bldg. B, Rm. 107
Continuing Education students can now register at any campus Registrar’s/Student Services Manager’s Office. See EPCC’s Registration page for locations and times. Call 831-7737 for more information.
Registration forms can be found in the EPCC Spring 2017 Continuing Education Schedule here, or use this printable PDF form.