The 2023 Master Gardener Intern training will be virtual and in-person. Classroom sessions will be via Zoom while the lab sessions will be in-person. We have lined up some terrific speakers for this year’s event. The 2023 Master Gardener Training Schedule will be posted when registration opens.
- An in-person class orientation will take place on Monday July 24th from 6:30 p.m. -8:30 p.m. at the South Texas Botanical Gardens Classroom.
- A Nueces Master Gardener overview will be held on Monday, July 31st, location to be determined.
- A tentative outline of the classes and labs is included. Classes will be held on Mondays and labs on Saturdays starting July 31st and concluding on November 6th.
- Training requires 50 hours minimum contact time.
- Monday classes will consist of a lecture provided by university professors, extension specialists and other regional horticulture experts via Zoom from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday labs will consist of an in-person lab conducted by a Master Gardener at the South Texas Botanical Gardens; some labs will include field trips, see schedule.
- 50 hours of volunteer service and 6 hours of continuing education (CE) beyond the classroom and lab are required to certify as a Nueces Master Gardener.
- Class tuition/fees will cover textbooks, class expenses, and name tags, and an NMG t-shirt upon completion of the class.
- NMG members are required to recertify each calendar year thereafter by completing 6 continuing education credits (CEs) and 30 volunteer hours on projects sponsored by AgriLife or approved by the coordinating Agent.
2023-MG-Application-PDF – fillable form
*Deadline for registration is July 15, 2023.