To MAKE A DONATION, please send a check to the Texas A&M Foundation and include a memo that the funds are to be a gift to the Texas Master Gardener Endowment to ensure it is correctly allocated. Once the account is established, we will have a direct link and donate button available.
TEXAS A&M FOUNDATION
Master Gardener Endowment
401 George Bush Drive
College Station, TX
Giving to the Texas Master Gardener Endowment Fund can be a powerful way to support the program, and it offers several benefits:
- Personal fulfillment: Giving to an endowment can provide a sense of personal fulfillment and satisfaction, knowing that you are making a substantial and enduring contribution to something close to your heart.
- Support future generations of gardeners and horticulturists: Endowments benefit future generations by creating a stable source of funding for years to come. Your contribution helps ensure that our mission and impact extend far into the future.
- Honor a legacy: Endowment gifts are often given in memory of someone the donor wishes to honor, becoming a lasting legacy.
- Tax advantages: Contributing to an endowment may offer tax benefits. It is advisable to consult with a financial advisor or tax professional to understand the specific benefits of your contribution.
- Long-term impact: Endowments are designed to provide ongoing financial support. When you contribute to an endowment, your donation is invested, and only a portion of the returns (usually around 4-5% annually) is spent, allowing the principal to grow over time. This means your gift will have a lasting impact and continue supporting the Extension Master Gardener Program in Texas.
- Financial sustainability: By establishing or contributing to an endowment, you help ensure the long-term financial stability of the program and allows us to plan for the future, offer more services and initiatives, undertake larger projects, and weather economic uncertainties.