Ms. Brown is an Integrated Pest Management Program Specialist in Travis County. She earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Entomology from the The Ohio State University in 1996 and her Masters in Entomology at Texas A&M University in 1999.
When you find insects in your garden, your first instinct might be to destroy them, but that’s not always the best action. Of the 1.5 million known insect species in the world, more than 97% are beneficial to gardens, or simply benign. That leaves less than 3% that are agricultural and nuisance pests.
Bluebonnet Master Gardeners may claim CEU credit for these live or recorded events.
You may watch these webinars on the Travis County AgriLife Extension site or click the topics below: