The next Bluebonnet Master Gardener Association Training Class:
January 13 – April 21, 2022
(Every Thursday, with two Wednesdays)
8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Austin County Extension Office
800 E. Wendt St.
Bellville, Texas 77418
Is the Master Gardener Program for me?
- Do I want to learn more about the culture and maintenance of plants?
- Am I eager to participate in a practical and intense training program?
- Do I look forward to sharing my knowledge with people in my community?
- Do I have the time to complete the training and give volunteer service?
If you answered yes to these questions, the Master Gardener program could be for you. If you are an Austin, Colorado, Fayette or Washington County resident,
we invite you to contact the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service Office in your county about the Bluebonnet Master Gardener program.
Training Course Outline
- Earth-Kind Landscaping
- Plant Development
- Plant Propagation
- Soil Characteristics
- Soil Improvement
- Ornamental Plants
- Lawn Care
- Vegetables & Herbs
- Fruit Trees, Berries & Pecans
- Landscape Design
- Integrated Pest Management
What are the requirements for certifying as a Master Gardener
Signup and pay a registration fee. Registration for the training course is in January each year. Begin classes in late January.
- Attend at least 14 classes (typically held on a weekday morning).
- Successfully complete an exam during the last class.
- Graduate to Master Gardener Intern.
- Volunteer 50 hours on BMGA approved projects within one year of graduation.
For continued Master Gardener certification after the first year
- Complete 10 hours of Continuing Education Units (CEUs) each calendar year.
- Complete 20 volunteer hours working on BMGA projects each calendar year.
- Pay annual dues.