CBS 19 TV features new “Master Your Garden” Series
CBS 19 is now featuring a new program every Thursday at noon titled, “Master Your Garden”. It’s a weekly series featuring Smith County Master Gardeners presenting pertinent garden topics. Check the links below for each weekly program:
- (2023-01-26) Master Your Garden – Planting Onions
- (2023-01-19) Master Your Garden – Smith County Master Gardeners at the Library
- (2023-01-12) Master Your Garden – Don’t Commit Crepe Murder
Find other Master Your Garden programs in the Archives by clicking here.
Smith County Master Gardener Library Series
Check out our latest 2023 Library Series featuring:
- Dr. Andrew King, a fourth generation East Texas nursery professional, will share many exciting new annuals, perennials, shrubs and trees for the East Texas garden.
- Andie Rathbone (Smith County Master Gardener) discusses what you can do in our colder winter months to ensure a beautiful garden when spring arrives.
- Elizabeth Waldrop (Smith County Master Gardener) explores the of Physic Gardens, natural medicine both ancient and modern, and the plants that have been panacea and poison through time.
- Katy Barone (Smith County Master Gardener) shows how to transform that small space into something beautiful with little effort.
- Dr. David Creech (Stephen F. Austin University) will entertain and enlighten visitors and students to the wonders of adventuresome gardening in East Texas.
TX Master Gardener Association Awards for 2021
The following are the awards that Smith County Master Gardener Association received at the Texas Master Gardener Search for Excellence Awards Program in the Large Category (100-199).
1st Outstanding Master Gardener Association
3rd Outstanding Individual Master Gardener– Brenda Strong
2nd Education Program – SCMGA YouTube Channel
1st Project – Garden Guides
2nd Written Education – Garden Guides
Congratulations and a big thanks to everyone who worked on the awards!
Smith County won an award in every category submitted.