The heart of the SJC Master Gardener is its volunteers. The members are dedicated and very passionate about their community service projects. All the SJCMGs are willing to share knowledge and expertise with all who are interested in learning.
The mission of the SJC Master Gardeners is to support the Texas A&M Extension Program by providing educational opportunities to local residents and property owners based on research-based, effective and sustainable horticulture practices.
2023 Board of Directors
- President: Judi Benestante, Ph.D. (Fulfilling term left when Shirley Baker passed)
- Vice President – Training Director: Dianne Chrestopoulus
- Treasurer: Sabina Varella
- Secretary: Cecilia (Ceil) Bialkowski
- Past President: Beth Miller
- New Class Director: Dianne Chrestopoulus
- Coldspring Community Center Gardens: Nancy Stewart, Ph.D.
- 2023 Plant Sale: Debbie Cooper
- Lunch & Learns: Cindy Kizer
- Propagation: Debbie Goodale
- Mother’s Day Tea: Judi Benestante, Ph.D & Karla Fratt
- Junior Master Gardeners: Judi Benestante, Ph.D.
- Hospitality: JoAnn Ogden & Christine Knight
- Social Activities and Field Trips: Beth Miller
- Sunshine: Ceil Bialkowski