FREE Healthy Lawns Healthy Waters Workshop! June 28 from 8:30 am -12:30 pm we will be offering residential rainwater harvesting and turf management training. A FREE Texas A&M AgriLife Extension soil sample analysis (Routine and Micronutrient analysis) is available to everyone attending. For soil sample collection information, go to hlhw.tamu.edu, click link Soil Testing to watch taking a soil sample video, and bring your sample prior to or at the training at the Galveston County AgriLife Extension office, 4102-B Main St, La Marque.
HLHW workshop participants learn:
* how to design and install residential rainwater capture devices that support rainwater storage and landscape irrigation
* the importance of choosing climate- and soil-appropriate turf and landscaping species for local growing conditions
* the key importance of soil testing and how to determine nutrient application amounts
* how to improve irrigation water use efficiency through better understanding of evapotranspiration, smart meters, deficit irrigation and cycle-soak methods for reducing runoff
* water delivery equipment and measuring water distribution
To register for this free class click here: https://hlhw.tamu.edu/…/june-28-highland-bayou…/
To register for this free class click here: https://hlhw.tamu.edu/workshops/2023/june-28-highland-bayou-watershed-galveston-county/
For Urban Soil Sample submissions toward this program, contact Galveston County AgriLife Extension – Horticulture: 281-309-5057.
- Note – you must be registered to attend this workshop to qualify for free home soil sample testing.