FIND OUT WHO WE ARE
MISSION: The Bell County Master Gardeners Association assists the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in providing high quality, relevant, research-based horticultural education and service to the residents of Bell County and the state of Texas through outreach, teaching, and demonstration projects.
Ask a Master Gardener Booth will be at Natural Grocers on Sunday, April 22nd from 1-4 p.m., to answer horticultural/gardening questions.
BELL COUNTY RECEIVES TEXAS MASTER GARDENER ASSOCIATION AWARDS
GARDENING IN BELL COUNTY CLASSES-2018
BCMGA is pleased to offer monthly seminars for Central Texas Gardeners presented by Certified Bell County Master Gardeners on a variety of gardening topics, from landscaping to irrigation to controlling pests and much more. These classes are open to the public. All classes are held from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Texas A&M Bell County AgriLife Building located at 1605 North Main Street, Belton, TX 76513
- April 19…………………Hummingbirds, Butterflies, & Bees
- May 17…………………..Water Efficiency
- June 21………………….Insects in Your Garden
- July 19…………………..Fall Gardening
- August 16……………….Propagation
- September 20…………Greenhouse Basics
- October 18………………Texas Native Gardening in the Winter
- November 15…………..Raised Bed Gardening
Class size is limited to 45 participants so register early! We hope you find a topic that interests you and will join us for these fun and instructional classes. If you have questions, please contact us via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the following to download a class registration form:
- Date: Second Wednesday of every month
- Time: 10:00 a.m.–October-May (9:00 a.m.–June-September)
- Location: Bell County Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Master Gardener Laboratory & Learning Center 1605 N. Main St., Belton
- Social gathering time begins at 9:30 a.m.–October-May (8:30 a.m. June-September)
- There is an educational session followed by a business meeting.
- Educational sessions qualify for one hour of continuing education for Master Gardeners; the business session qualifies for one hour of service plus drive time.
- All Master Gardeners and the public are invited to attend.
Future Bell County Master Gardeners
Thank you for your interest in the 2019 Bell County Master Gardener New Class.
- Classes start Wednesday, January 16, 2019.
- Weekly classes are each Wednesday, January 16th though the middle of May from 1 pm to 5 pm. There will be a Wednesday off for Spring Break in March.
- Mandatory Orientation is Wednesday, January 9th, from 1 pm to 4 pm.
- The cost is $250. Your $250 check must accompany your application to reserve a spot in the class. (No credit cards, please)
- Deadline for applications is January 8th. 2019. Class limit is 25. Please apply early to make the class list. Others will be put on a waiting list for the next year.
- Classes are held at the Bell County AgriLife Extension Office at 1605 N. Main, Belton, Texas.
- Formal application is required for acceptance in the Bell County Master Gardener program. If you have any questions, please call 254-933-5305 or go to tmga.org/bell.
- Download the application here — New Class Application 08-02-16gc
BCMGA members can enter their service and education hours in the Texas we Volunteer System at the following web site: https://texas.volunteersystem.org/UniversalLogin.cfm
Click on the following file to print the form for membership background checks:
Background Check Form 01-20-2016 (Background check)
Click on the following PDF file to print
Brick Sale Form: BCMGAbrickform for website
Project Approval Request Form: Bell County Project Approval Form
Read our newsletter “The Blooming Bell” for news and monthly activity calendar