The Master Gardener Association of Cameron County is a non-profit educational and charitable association
working with the AgriLIFE Extension to improve gardening skills throughout our community. Program objectives are implemented through the training of local volunteers known as Master Gardeners. We collaborate with AgriLIFE Extension to conduct community & youth education; establish and maintain demonstration gardens; and provide a speakers bureau.
Our demonstration garden, The Arboretum is located at the corner of Williams Road and Expressway 77 in San Benito at the County Annex. It contains Butterfly Gardens, a Self-guided Compost Demonstration, vegetable gardens, and labeled trees that grow well in deep South Texas.
For Upcoming Events
Call 956.361.8236 or visit us on Facebook
2018 Master Gardener Intern Class
Order a CCMG Cookbook
Held on the second Thursday of each month September – May.
- 5:30 p.m. – Social
- 5:45 p.m. – Program
- 6:15 p.m. – Business Meeting
We meet in the Extension Meeting Room, Cameron County San Benito Annex, located at the corner of Expressway 83 and Williams Road
List of Activities
Let’s have all of the compost bins full by the end of August!!
- Bring raw materials for the compost demonstration
- Turn the compost piles and water
- Chip / shred the brush pile behind the tool shed
- Water the planted trees. If you think they may not be dry yet, check the soil 6-12″ deep
- Weed the butterfly beds
- If you are interested in helping, contact Jennifer Herrera in the Extension office.
8:30 am – 11:30 am – Key to the tool shed is kept in the Extension Office.
What to Bring
Gloves, Water, Sunscreen, High Energy and a SMILE!