Rainwater Harvesting at the Brazoria Environmental Education Station
Reasons for harvesting rainwater for use in the home landscape:
- Saves money by reducing water bills
- Reduces demand on the municipal water supply
- Make efficient use of a valuable resource
- Reduces flooding, erosion and the contamination of surface water with sediments, fertilizers and pesticides in rainfall run-off
- Rainwater is good for plants because it is free of salts and other minerals that harm root growth
The BCMG Rainwater Harvesting project was started in 2007 and completed in 2008 with a $5000 grant from the Dow Chemical Company.
Please visit this page again as additional project information will be updated.