Winners Will Be Announced During the Lawn & Garden Expo 3/24/2018
Prizes will be awarded in each of two categories: Single Specimen and In The Garden
1st Place Award $50 Gift certificate
2nd Place Award $30 Gift Certificate
3rd Place Award $20 Gift Certificate
Our thanks to The Greenery and Roland’s in Waxahachie, and Earth Tones Greenery in Midlothian for sponsoring the contest.
Amateur Photo Contest Rules
1. Unaltered Digital Photos only. Minimum of 3 mega pixels (300 dpi) but higher resolution is encouraged. Please refrain from including people in your photographs. Photos may be cropped.
- Single Specimen (e.g. one tulip)
- In The Garden (water gardens, flower boxes, container gardens, full backyards, rooftop gardens, butterfly gardens, fairy gardens, vegetable gardens, etc.)
3. Winning entries will be judged by a panel of Master Gardeners based on technical quality (sharpness & correct exposure) composition, creativity, and originality. The decisions of the panel are final.
4. Winners will be announced at the 2018 Ellis County Master Gardener Expo, in the HoeHums, E-newsletter, and on the www.ECMGA.com website. Winners will also be announced in The Waxahachie Daily Light newspaper.
5. All photos become the property of the Ellis County Master Gardener Association. This Association may use the photos in its publications, educational programs, and publicity efforts. Prize winning photos may be featured in calendars, PowerPoint presentations, publicity ads, etc. Ellis County Master Gardener Association cannot be responsible for lost, late or misdirected photos.
6. Number of Submissions: Contestants may enter as many as 5 photos per category and must submit a separate Entry Form for each entry submitted. All submissions must be received no later than midnight March 19, 2018.
7. All photo entries must be taken in Ellis County and adjacent counties.