Cool season vegetables early March; warm-season vegetables (tomatoes, beans, corn, squash, melons, cucumbers) late March. Wait until April to start okra, peppers, eggplant, and southern peas.
- Complete all dormant-season pruning early in month, before new growth begins.
- Prune spring-flowering shrubs and vines, including flowering quince, azaleas,forsythia, bridal wreath, camellias, Carolina Jessamine, wisteria, Lady Banksia rose and coral honeysuckle immediately after they finish blooming.
- Rye, fescue turf with high-nitrogen lawn food.
- Trees, shrubs, vines and groundcovers with same high nitrogen fertilizer to promote vigorous spring growth.
- Roses with specialty rose food monthly.
- Apply pre emergent herbicide granules to prevent germination of crabgrass, grassburs early in month. Repeat application 90 days later.
- Use broadleafed weedkiller spray to eliminate dandelions, clover, dichondra, dollar weed and other non-grassy weeds. Always read and follow lable directions for correct usage.