- This publication explores the relationship between ecosystem health and land stewardship in the Trinity River Basin. It also describes how responsible land stewardship can be applied in urban and rural settings.
Introduction to Rainwater Harvesting
Capture and Storage Tank Systems
(see Rainwater Collection below)
- A soil storage and infiltration system collects rainfall runoff from the roofs of buildings and directs it underground where it infiltrates the soil. Such a system conserves water and protects it from surface pollution.
Uses: WildLife, Livestock & Pets:
- Providing enough water can be a problem when grazing livestock on rangeland. Authors explain how rainwater capture is done and give specific examples on how to determine the amount that you need.
- Water conservation
- Landscaping for energy conservation
- Reduction of fertilizer and pesticide use
- Reduction of yard wastes entering landfills
- Efficient Use of Water in the Garden and Landscape
- A publication over-viewing different types of irrigation systems with detailed instructions and diagrams on how to plan for and install a drip system.
- An article on irrigation and all other phases of landscape design.
Rainwater Collection & Indoor and Outdoor Use
- This publication will help you design and operate a roof-based rainwater harvesting system to supply drinking water for you and your household. It focuses on the information you need to make sure that your system will produce water that is chemically and biologically safe to drink.
Texas Water Development Board: Rainwater Harvesting
American Rainwater Catchment Systems Association
International Rainwater Catchment Systems Association