Nueces Master Gardener Recognition Award for 2021 is awarded to two (2) W.B. Ray High School students who are enrolled in the Botany Classes and participating in the Ray High School Green House Project. The Botany Teacher and the NMG Scholarship Committee Chair will select the students to be considered for receiving the award. The Botany Teacher and Scholarship Committee Chair will share their selection with the Scholarship Committee. If the student is awarded the Recognition Award, the gift card will be presented at the Nueces Master Gardener May Membership Meeting. The Recognition Award is bestowed to acknowledge their interest in horticulture and wants to encourage their future study and interest in the field.
- 12th Grade Graduating High School Student.
- Have enrolled in the Botany or other Horticultural Course.
- Participated in the Greenhouse Project.
- Write a 300-word essay explaining why they should qualify for the award.
The Application Process:
- Complete a 300-word essay on the need and goals of the student including:
- Describe your gardening or botanical interest.
- Describe how getting this award and furthering your career or goals should be considered for this award.
- Describe how you have been involved in your school or the community including high school club involvement.
- Describe how you have been involved in the Greenhouse Project.
- Include information & photo release form, contact form and a cell phone portrait.
- Students receiving Recognition Award along with their Parent(s)/Guardian(s) are strongly encouraged attend the Nueces Master Gardener May Membership Meeting.