Nueces Master Gardeners (NMG) 2022 Intern Class 33 Application
Master Gardener 2022 Training Information
Registration will open on March 15, 2022. Deadline for registration is June 15, 2022.
The 2022 Master Gardener Intern training will be virtual and in-person. Classroom sessions will be via Zoom while the lab sessions will be in-person. We have lined up some terrific speakers for this year’s event. The 2022 Master Gardener Intern Training Schedule will be posted when registration opens.
- An In-Person class orientation will take place on Monday July 18th from 6:30pm-8:30pm, at the South Texas Botanical Gardens Classroom.
- Membership Orientation Lab will be held on Monday, August 1st in the Computer Lab at Del Mar College Center for Economic Development, 3209 S Staples St, Corpus Christi, TX 78411.
- A tentative outline of the Orientation Class and Lab can be found here – This is a tentative draft and is subject to change based on availability of presenters and locations. It is provided to give prospective candidate a visual outline of the orientation session.
- Classes will be held on Mondays and Saturdays starting August 1st and concluding on November 7th. Classes will adjust for holidays and special topics.
- Classes are two days a week and require 50 hours minimum contact time.
- Monday classes will consist of a lecture from a subject matter expert via Zoom from 6:30PM-8:30PM.
- Saturday classes will consist of an in-person lab which are usually conducted by a Master Gardener from 10:00AM-Noon at the South Texas Botanical Gardens.
- Tentative schedule can be found here – This is a tentative draft and is subject to change based on availability of presenters and locations. It is provided to give prospective candidate a visual syllabus of the classes and labs that will comprise the 3 plus month course.
- 50 hours of volunteer service and 6 hours of Continuing Education beyond the classroom and lab are required to certify as a Nueces Master Gardener.
- Class tuition/fees will cover textbooks, class expenses, NMG shirts and name tags.
- Tuition/fees for the class will be posted when registration opens:
|Couple||Parent + Child*||Parent + 2 Children*||2 Parents + Child*|
* A child must be enrolled in the 10th, 11th or 12th grade to be eligible. There is no upper age limit for a child or children to register with their parents to get the family rate.
Before registering be sure to read the NMG Membership Policy and Procedure; this document details the membership requirements which can be downloaded here and the NMG Application and Advancement Policy and Procedure; this document introduce potential candidates, interested in applying, to the process of becoming a Nueces Master Gardener (NMG). Download here
In the interim, you can get on the waiting list by preregistering by submitting the Contact Information Form (a fillable PDF Form) and emailing it along with a Selfie to the above email. Space is limited. Priority will be given to those who preregister in the order received.
You will be able submit your payment below (when registration opens on March 15, 2022).