Master Gardener 2021 Training Information
Deadline has been extended until 6:00PM, Wednesday, July 7, 2021.
The 2021 Master Gardener Intern training will go on as planned! This year’s training will be virtual and in-person. Classroom sessions will be via Zoom while the lab sessions will be in-person. We have lined up some terrific speakers for this year’s event. Please see the 2021 Master Gardener Intern Training Schedule.
- A virtual class orientation will take place on Monday July 26th from 6:30pm-8:30pm, via Zoom.
- Classes will be held on Mondays and Saturdays starting August 2nd and concluding on November 8th.
- Classes are two days a week and require 50 hours minimum contact time.
- Monday classes will consist of a lecture from a subject matter expert via Zoom from 6:30PM-8:30PM.
- Saturday classes will consist of an in-person lab which are usually conducted by a Master Gardener from 10:00AM-Noon at the South Texas Botanical Gardens.
- Tentative schedule can be found here.
- 50 hours of volunteer service and 6 hours of Continuing Education beyond the classroom and lab are required to certify as a Nueces Master Gardener.
- Class tuition/fees will cover textbooks, class expenses, NMG shirts and name tags.
- Tuition/fees for the class are:
|Student||Couple||Parent + Child*||Parent + 2 Children*||2 Parents + Child*|
* A child must be enrolled in the 10th grade to be eligible. There is no upper age limit for a child or children to register with their parents to get the family rate.
Before registering be sure to read the NMG Membership Policy and Procedure this document details the membership requirements which can be found here.
To register for this year’s training, please complete the MG Application and email it to NuecesMasterGardener@gmail.com.