- This event has passed.
6th Annual TAWC Water College
January 23, 2020
Texas Alliance for Water Conservation is hosting its 6th Annual Water College on January 23, 2020 at the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center. This event is free of charge and lunch will be served. CEUs available: 5.5 CCA – TDA and IA pending.
Presentations will include:
- Undeniable Demographic Changes: Where Will the World’s Population Live in the Future and What Will They Eat and Wear?
- Kevin Brinkley, President & CEO Plains Cotton Cooperative Association
- Using Cover Crops to Manage Soil and Weed Control While Being Economically Sustainable
- Kris Verett, Lubbock Texas Producer
- Real Farm Data – Using Irrigation Management Technology to Conserve Water and Gain Profitability
- Lloyd Arthur, TAWC Cooperating Producer, Ralls Texas
- Jeff Miller, Forefront Agronomy
- Update from Texas Water Development Board
- Brooke Paup, Texas Water Development Board
- Upcoming Weather Patterns – What is in store?
- Brian Bledsoe, Chief Meteorologist/Climatologist Colorado Springs
- Hot Topics of Texas Water Law
- Tiffany Dowell Lashmet, Extension Specialist Agricultural Law Texas A&M AgriLife Extension
- US Cotton Trust Protocol – What Farmers Need to Know
- Ken Burton, Executive Director of U.S. Cotton Trust Protocol National Cotton Council
- The Future of Cotton Genetics and Weed Control
- Dr. Luis Herrera-Estrella, Texas Tech University President’s Distinguished Professor of Plant Genomics and Director for the Center for Functional Genomics of Abiotic Stress
*Also visit 20+ booths of the Ag industry’s top equipment, technology and service companies.