Cypress Basin Master Gardener Training
Held each January thru March at the Titus County AgriLife Extension Office in Mt. Pleasant, Texas.
What are the requirements to become a Texas Master Gardener?
The requirements to become a Texas Master Gardener are as follows:
· Complete 50 hours in TMG training as offered by Texas AgriLife Extension.
· Complete 50 hours of volunteer service within the first year of membership.
· Each subsequent year of membership, complete 6 hours of continuing education and 25 hours of volunteer time.
What kind of training do Master Gardeners receive?
Extension professionals, specialists, and local experts teach Master Gardener classes.
· Growing Fruits & Vegetables
· Landscape Plants
· Annuals and Perennials
· Environmental Conservation
· Plant Selection & Propagation
· Plant Pathology
· Soil Science
· Earth Kind Plants & Shrubs
Contact the Titus County AgriLife Extension Office at 903-572-5201
You can download a PDF document that covers the basics of becoming a Master Gardener here.